Wednesday 4 March 2009

Pavilion- Kevin Newark (Photography Exhibition)



















"Kevin Newark's practice resonates around the themes of space, time, anxiety and displacement. In his photographs he is interested in perceptual ambiguity, utilised as a device that both extends the visual experience and transforms the subject"

At the opening of the exhibition i met the artist and recieved an overview of his work in depth. I was intrigued by his work becoming unrecognizable from environmental materials.

“At first sight Kevin Newark’s torn and rejected plastic bags look like telescopic views of heavenly bodies,”

“We are then pulled up short by the realisation that we are looking at persistent organic pollutants that are slowly suffocating our environment.”

2 comments:

  1. One way of thinking about this work is that the images are 'moments of ephinany'. James Joyce describes these moments in Ulysses. They are when ordinary, insignificant things trigger an awareness of the transcendent or divine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This exhibition got very famous all around USA!! Many photographers and artists came and gave their best!! By the way, have you heard of MiNeeds.com? It really simplifies finding affordable photographers. I used it to find them for my wedding. Essentially, after I described what I needed on this site, I received several competitive bids from local photographers. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to call around and negotiate with each, and that they actually came to me.

    Newark Photographers & Photography - Get Bids & Save | MiNeeds

    ReplyDelete